These buffalo cauliflower bites are a tasty vegetarian alternative to buffalo wings. This recipe is fast and easy, and makes about eight small appetizer servings. You can use pretty much any sort of wing sauce you like, but if you don’t care for blue cheese, then I recommend substituting ranch or some other creamy dressing to serve on the side (if you do like blue cheese though, you may want to try making your own blue cheese dressing from scratch).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Blue cheese dressing
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, water, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl and stir until smooth. Add cauliflower and stir gently until florets are evenly coated with batter.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on lightly oiled, large baking sheet (preferably nonstick- for a little extra insurance, you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking). Bake 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Combine buffalo wing sauce and melted butter and pour evenly over cauliflower. Toss gently until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cauliflower begins to crisp, rearranging florets occasionally if needed. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing on the side, or for a more dramatic plating, serve on top of a bed of slivered celery and green onions, sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
last updated August 17, 2023