A good cocktail sauce is more than just ketchup and horse radish! This deft mixture of ketchup, chili sauce, horseradish and lemon juice is the classic accompaniment to fresh or fried shrimp, but it’s delicious on everything you’d find on the shellfish tower. Even better, it’s fast and easy to make, and you can tailor the horseradish and hot sauce to your heat level. Switch up the flavors by using different kinds of hot sauce- Tabasco is traditional, but you can try a Mexican hot sauce like Cholula, or mix in a little sriracha, gochujang, or sambal oelek for even more flavor and heat.
- ½cup chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- ½cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine the chili sauce, ketchup and horseradish.
- Season with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Serve with shrimp or other seafood- you can also use this sauce in a Bloody Mary or as a veggie dip.
last updated August 17, 2023