You’ve probably had a similar miso-ginger dressing at a Japanese restaurant, or you may have ran across a similar dressing in refrigerated case at a well-stocked grocery store. However, it’s fairly simple and fast to whip up a batch of fresh miso-ginger dressing yourself at home, as long as you’ve got the ingredients and a few extra minutes.
- ¼ cup neutral oil, such as grape seed, peanut, or corn
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. mild or sweet miso (yellow or white)
- 1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 medium to large carrot, peeled and finely grated
- a one-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a work bowl, combine the oil, rice vinegar, miso paste, and sesame oil. Stir thoroughly to mix all ingredients evenly and dissolve miso.
- Stir in grated carrot and ginger.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve
If you want your dressing to be slightly sweeter, you try adding in some grated apple or mirin (a sweet rice wine used for cooking) to adjust the flavor.
last updated August 17, 2023